Catholic school education has played an integral part in Michael and Christine Ippoliti’s lives. Both are graduates of Catholic schools. As long-time parishioners of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish in Bethlehem, the Ippolitis’ four daughters are alumna of OLPH elementary school. Michael also serves on the OLPH School Board.
“Knowing the impact Catholic education had on our lives, Christine and I wanted current and future OLPH students to have the same opportunity,” Michael said.
Setting Out to Establish a Catholic School Fund
The Ippolitis set out to establish a fund that would provide scholarships and operational support for Our Lady of Perpetual Help School. Michael was on a mission to find the best investment vehicle and organization that would help he and Christine achieve their goal.
As a recently retired financial planner and investment advisor, Michael evaluated numerous alternatives and performed his own professional due diligence. His assessment led him to the Catholic Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania where they eventually established the Our Lady of Perpetual Help School Fund.
“My due diligence paid off,” Michael said. “I quickly discovered that the Catholic Foundation’s independent professional approach, investment expertise and passion for helping Catholic parishes and schools remain viable cannot be matched by any other organization in our region.”
Why Work with The Catholic Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania?
The Ippolitis’ rationale for utilizing the Catholic Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania includes:
- The Foundation is local with numerous donors in the Allentown Diocese.
- Collectively, the board of directors has significant investment knowledge and experience.
- The money management firm, Concord Advisory Group, manages more than $40 billion in assets. It has a diverse and prestigious set of clients.
- The investment criteria employed are intended to assess attributes that conform to Catholic values.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish also utilizes the foundation for investing parish funds.
- The marketing and fundraising efforts of the Foundation will likely continue to attract other donors, thereby better ensuring continued financial viability of Catholic education for future generations.
“The establishment of this donor designated fund will ensure the long-term financial sustainability of Our Lady of Perpetual Help School and keep Catholic education available to all,” Christine said.