An endowment has these benefits:
- It builds a reserve for the purpose of creating financial bedrock for a school, parish, or organization.
- It allows the school and parish to continue their works of Catholic education and faith in perpetuity.
- It provides a receptacle for future donations and parishioner involvement.
- It creates a symbol of trustworthiness and sustainability of the charitable school or parish.
- It provides an opportunity for caring individuals to invest in the future of Catholic schools and parishes with minimal risks and maximum returns.